Tuesday 13 August 2013

FashionistA The Double Collection 2 Step Mascara Review

 You may have seen in my MUA haul that one of the products I purchased from the FashionistA range that MUA recently took over was the Double Collection Mascara. The mascara has two ends, a lengthening base coat and then a black mascara wand the other end. The mascara was originally £8 but reduced to £1.50 - bargain!
Step 1 Ultra Lengthening Base Coat - the base coat is white so as you can imagine gives you really creepy looking eyelashes! My boyfriend was highly amused and said I looked like a snow fairy! I found this really easy to apply, it didn't go on too thick so was quite easy to apply the other end of the mascara over it and it dried pretty quickly. However, don't forget to leave it a minute or two to give it chance to dry otherwise you'll get white bits all over the black mascara wand. 
Step 2 Intense Colour Coverage and Volume - this end just looks like your standard mascara, with quite a thin long wand. I ordered the mascara in 'Ultra Black' however I found it looked a bluey grey colour so didn't give the dramatic impact I was after. It looks good on the lashes and like the other end isn't clumpy at all so doesn't stick your eyelashes together but because of the lack of colour it was quite difficult to cover some of the base coat. I've now started using the base coat with my Benefit They're Real mascara which gives a much more dramatic look as the mascara is a lot blacker and it also covers the base really easily, I find using this combination works better for me!
Photo on the left having used the first step, on the right having used both steps.

What do you guys think? I think it looks pretty good in the photos but you can tell that there's some base showing through and the mascara colour isn't very dark, it's definitely not what I'd call "Ultra Black" however I am really impressed with this, especially for the price. My lashes stay separated, look pretty natural and the curl lasts too! It's now got a permanent place in my make-up bag and considering the expensive mascaras I've brought that have been really crappy, I'm really pleasantly surprised by this!

No comments:

Post a Comment