Thursday 13 February 2014

Tanya Burr Lips & Nails swatches/review!

I'M BACK!
Hey guys! It's been ages but long story short, my boyfriend of two years who I've previously mentioned on here is no longer in my life. It's obviously been a difficult time and I lost all motivation to do anything (including blogging), but I'm back and have lots of posts lined up for you guys!

SO
Blogger and youtuber Tanya Burr launched her range of lip glosses and nail polishes to be sold at feelunique.com not long ago and being the ego beaver (or saddo... you decide) that I am, I ordered both a lip gloss and a nail polish the night they were made available despite being a poor student who really should be spending money on necessities only! There are 10 nail polishes in the collection at £5.99 each and 12 lip glosses at £6.99 each which is a bit on the steep end for me considering I tend to stick to the MUA section in Superdrug. However, if you're more of a MAC girl, you'd probably see these as a bargain! :) They only arrived this morning but there's a serious lack of swatches available at the mo so I thought I'd do something about that!
Tanya Burr Nail Polish 12ml - Mini Marshmellows
When I first took this out of the box I was a little disappointed as it looked more of a nude colour than the cutesy baby pink it looked online and holy crap it took me ages to unscrew the lid - I had to use rubber gloves it was on there so tight! Anyway, I was actually really presently surprised by the colour of this! It looks gorgeous on and I think I've fallen in love with it. It's already my new fave nail polish colour and I now want every single shade (which is never good!!) I can't comment on how long it lasts etc as I only put it on a few hours ago but I will update this post in a few days and let you guys know how well it's lasted :) It took 3 coats to get a good colour (see below) but I expected that anyway with the pale shade so overall I lurrrve this and want them all!
Left: one coat | Right: two coats
Three coats
Tanya Burr Lip Gloss 8ml - Exotic Island
Again, the colour of this looks pretty different in the flesh to what it does online. It looks more of a plum shade online whereas it's actually more of a pink colour. Even so, I do really like this it. The applicator is a sort of flat wand so application is easy and the colour is really pigmented for a lip gloss and wow these smell good!! Like, seriously good. I'm not actually much of a lipstick/gloss wearer but I think I'll be wearing this regularly in the near future. It seems to have stayed on well so far despite eating nearly a whole tube of pringles since putting it on so that's a pretty damn good sign! I really wish I could afford every colour of the lip glosses too, they all look really pretty shades! :(
Overall, I'm seriously impressed! I wasn't really sure what to expect but I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality and colour of the two products I bought and they've both left me wanting to buy more and whilst I wouldn't usually spend this much money on make-up (unless it was something special), I think the price is really good for what you're getting! What do you guys think? :)
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment