Tuesday 27 August 2013

School/college/university stationary haul!

Some of you may know if you follow me on twitter that I'm off to uni in a few weeks time (eek!) so when I went into Sainsburys the other day and saw that all the school stationary was half price I thought I'd grab myself some bits. September (or August in this case) stationary shopping is quite possibly the most exciting time of year for me, sad I know.
These Oxford notepads tend to be about £5 and I imagine most of you are thinking "why the hell would you spend £5 when you can get one from the pound shop?!" Well I thought that too until I got one last year and omg it makes you WANT to write your coursework just because the pen glides over the paper so easily! I know it sounds weird but just trust me on this one, you really can feel the quality! I actually might go and stock up on a few of these in various colours whilst they're on offer at £2.25 (half price). They really are worth the price and tend to not be on offer for the rest of the year! I picked up the black one just because everything else I bought was very bright and floral so thought I'd tone it down a bit!
I was actually on my way to the till with a different folder when I saw this one which was much bigger and cheaper. You can't really tell from the photos but it's pretty huge and I love the design which is called "Elsie" and they have various bits and pieces in the same floral pattern. This was £1.75 (half price) and will be ideal for my tons of bits of paper.
 I then went back later in the day to buy the matching academic diary! I love these diaries because they run from about September 2013 until July 2014. For those of you in education I'm sure you will agree that your year seems to run from September until the end of the school/college/uni year rather than from January until December. Especially as everything will be changing for me (new area, new house, new people, new uni , new course) I feel like it's a new chapter in my life so writing in a brand new diary that starts as uni starts just feels right! Again - gorgeous floral design. This one is the A6 size which I thought was better for carrying around in my bag than the bigger one and the space for writing should still be plenty.
Finally, I picked up the 2 pack of cute pens in the "vintage heart" design (again, I think they sell lots of matching bits eg notebooks and folders). These were £1.49 and were probably a bit of a silly purchase as it's likely I'll have lost them within my first few days and they might write really crappy but I'm a sucker for cute stationary so hey-ho! I also picked up a pack of 20 black ballpoint pens from the basics range for 56p. These were the last ones on the shelf so I felt inclined to buy them just incase there's a sudden pen shortage or something!

If any of you have done school/college/university hauls I'd love to see them so leave links below! :) I'll also be doing a housey haul when I move into my new house in a few weeks time so watch out for that!

2 comments:

  1. Stationary hauls like this actually make me wish I was starting an academic year! I suppose I could still do one and say it's for blogging, eh? Haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha this is the main reason I'm excited for uni - stationary! I just can't resist a cute folder! Definitely, those damn blogging sacrifices! :P x

      Delete